Rick Nielsen, Joe Bonamassa and Other Legends Come Together To Honor Beatles With Incredible Tribute!
Images via (L) i.ytimg.com (R) inthestudio.net
What a Line-Up!
This year marks a very special year for The Beatles. 2016 marks the 50th anniversary of the release of the band’s landmark album Revolver. In commemoration of the occasion, legendary artists of yesterday and today will “come together” to pay tribute to this amazing LP! Radio talk show host Howard Stern has put together a live radio show featuring a plethora of iconic artists, who will cover Revolver in its entirety.
Revolver is Stern’s favorite album, so he feels that a proper tribute to it to commemorate its 50th anniversary is appropriate. The show features an all-star line-up including Cheap Trick, Living Colour, Joe Bonamassa, Nathaniel Rateliff and more!
The full line up is down below, as well as what song each artist will be covering! What a fantastic idea for Stern! Hopefully this thing goes incredibly well, because we would love to see these artists hop into the studio, record their covers and release them on a special tribute album! Heck, if all goes well, maybe we can see a live concert, or even tour of these covers!
Check out the line-up down below and tune into the Howard Stern Show on Sirius XM Howard 101 channel, at 5pm on October 7th to hear this all come together!
Howard Stern’s ‘Revolver’ Tribute
1. Joe Bonamassa, “Taxman”
2. Jewel, “Eleanor Rigby”
3. The Milk Carton Kids, “I’m Only Sleeping”
4. Rachael Yamagata, “Love You To”
5. James Taylor, “Here, There and Everywhere”
6. Madisen Ward and Mama Bear, “Yellow Submarine”
7. Cheap Trick, “She Said She Said”
8. Grace Potter, “Good Day Sunshine”
9. Gov’t Mule, “And Your Bird Can Sing”
10. Grouplove, “For No One”
11. J. Mascis, “Doctor Robert”
12. O.A.R., “I Want to Tell You”
13. Nathaniel Raetliff and the Night Sweats, “Got to Get You Into My Life”
14. Living Colour, “Tomorrow Never Knows”