Ringo Starr’s Top 10 Most Historic Moments
The Top 10 Moments That Defined Ringo’s Life
On July 7, 2015 Ringo Starr turned 75 years old. In honor of our favorite Beatle reaching such a major milestone, here are some of the top 10 most historic moments of his life! From his musical debut to receiving the highest honor in rock and roll, Ringo’s life has been nothing short of amazing!
- July 7, 1940: Ringo Starr is born Richard Starkey to Elsie and Richard Starkey, Sr.
- March 1959: Ringo makes his musical debut with Rory and The Raving Texans, who would later become Rory and The Hurricanes.
- August 1962: The Beatles kick out drummer Pete Best and replace him with their friend Ringo.
- February 1963: We get to hear Ringo’s vocals for the first time with The Beatles on ‘Boys’.
- July 1964: Ringo makes his big screen debut on a solo stroll in A Hard Day’s Night, the film that put The Beatles on the map.
- March 1970: Ringo’s solo career begins with Sentimental Journey and Beaucoups of Blues.
- November 1973: His biggest album ever, Ringo, is released; featuring Paul, John, and George, it’s the closest to a Beatles reunion as we’d ever get.
- April 1981: Not only does Ringo find success in acting and film, but he finds new love with his Caveman co-star, Barbara Bach.
- July 1989: The All-Starr Band is formed.
- April 18, 2015: Justice is served when Ringo is finally inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame!