Incredible! Lay Lady Lay studio version Bob Dylan
Did you know?
Before he renamed himself Bob Dylan, Robert Allen Zimmerman briefly went by Elston Gunn! What??
While Dylan has penned some of the greatest songs of our century- not all of them are captured on video. Including my beloved, “Lay Lady Lay“.
“Lay Lady Lay” has always been my favorite Dylan track. I love the simplicity of the song. The melody, the vocal performance (although sped up), just moves me every time I hear the track. I feel with every song I hear, I am brought into Dylan’s world and get a glimpse into his life through the stories he tells.
Hungry for more Dylan? Here are some fun facts about our beloved, “Zimmerman”.
- According to Bob Spitz, author of The Beatles: The Biography, it was Dylan who first introduced the Fab Four to marijuana.
- After seeing Rebel Without a Cause, Dylan became obsessed with James Dean.
- In 2004, Dylan earned an honorary doctorate in music from the University of St. Andrews.
- The only other honorary degree Dylan has accepted was in 1970 from Princeton.
- Dylan’s first draft of “Like a Rolling Stone” was SIX pages long.