B.B. King – Sweet Sixteen (Live in Kinshasa)
Nothing Sweeter Than Hearing B. B. King Perform Live!
Written by Walt Breeland, Willie Nelson and Paul Buskirk, “Sweet Sixteen” is yet another unforgettable track from THE King. He is definitely one of the most influential musicians of all time and has received recognition for his incomparable talent:
- 6th in Rolling Stone magazine’s Top 100 Guitarists of All Time
- 17th in Gibson’s Top 50 Guitarists of All Time
- In 1987, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- In 2014, he was also inducted into the R&B Music Hall of Fame
- One of the “Three Kings of the Blues Guitar”
According to Edward M. Komara, King “introduced a sophisticated style of soloing based on fluid string bending and shimmering vibrato that would influence virtually every electric blues guitarist that followed.”Advertisement
King had an amazing guitar style and has become legendary. He has influenced both classic rock and electric blues guitarists and continues to do so. This particular track has flawless notes and melody and the first time you hear it, you’ll immediately recognize the soulful and powerful vocals. The music is nothing short of perfect!
King has mixed blues, jazz, swing, mainstream pop and jump into a unique sound. In King’s words, “When I sing, I play in my mind; the minute I stop singing orally, I start to sing by playing Lucille.”