Aerosmith and The Boston Pops Orchestra – “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” Live
I Don’t Wanna Miss Anything From Steven Tyler!
Aerosmith has released one hit after another but the power ballad “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” is THE crowd favorite. It was a massive success and stayed at the top spot of the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 for four weeks. In fact, it dominated the charts and has become the biggest hit from the band.
- Peaked at number 4 in the UK Charts
- After selling over a million copies, it became the 17th best-selling single in the UK for the year 1998.
- Ranked number 1 in music charts in various countries including Germany, Philippines, Australia, Norway, Italy, Switzerland and Ireland.
- Received nomination for Academy Award for Best Original Song
- Won the 1999 MTV Movie Award for Best Song from a Movie
- Won MTV Video Music Award for Best Video from a Film
- Won Best Video from the Boston Music Awards
This wasn’t just a chart-topper. It also paved the way for Aerosmith to gain fans from a different generation. In addition, the music video became just as successful. It showed scenes from the movie “Armageddon” and Steven’s daughter Liv also had several appearances since she played the role of Grace Stamper in the film. It received heavy airplay which made it the second most popular music video in the year 1998.
The chorus of the song is highly reminiscent of an earlier song Diane Warren co-wrote, “Just Like Jesse James”, which appeared on Cher’s 1989 album Heart of Stone.
Several covers have been made but still, nothing beats Steven Tyler’s version!