10 Fun Facts About Axl Rose, Rock And Roll’s Favorite Bad Boy!
We Bet You Had No Idea…
Even after all these years, something about Axl Rose is still totally captivating. We knew he was a little weird – most brilliant people are. However, we didn’t know he was quite this eccentric until we compiled this list. I mean…he travels with a psychic named “Yoda”. From claims of being John Bonham reincarnated to thinking Courtney Love was trying to possess him, here are 10 fun facts about rock and roll’s favorite bad boy!
- In a deposition, Axl’s ex-wife Erin Everly testified that Axl believed he was actually possessed by John Bonham.
- Axl is a collector of Latin American religious artifacts, particularly crucifixes.
- In Stockholm in 2006, Axl was arrested for biting a security guard on the leg. (????)
- Axl loves Christina Aguilera, proclaiming her “one of the greatest vocalists of our time” in Blender.
- Axl’s tour rider includes a provision that the dressing room must be all black and include bouquets of fresh roses, 18 red and 18 white.
- When Axl was writing ‘Sweet Child o’ Mine,’ he listened to Lynyrd Skynyrd records over and over to inspire the song’s sound.
- His earliest conscious memory is of holding a toy gun in his hand.
- Axl often travels with his own psychic, Sharon Maynard, who is known in his entourage as “Yoda.”
- At the 1992 MTV Music Video Awards, Axl got into a fight with Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love, fearing that Love was trying to possess him.
- The song ‘Chinese Democracy’ was Axl’s emotional tribute to John Lennon’s death.